Monday, March 14, 2011

A Casual Monday with The Jerk



WOD
Behind the neck Jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Not much to say about today's WOD, except we would have been able to get a lot more weight happening if we didn't have to drop the bar back on our shoulders after we jerked the weight up.  One of the few downsides to the Blck Box being on the third floor is that we can't drop the bar after we lift overhead...a small minus, but definitely annoying when you see example videos of the exercise where people can drop the bar with no problem.


I don't have my notes, but I topped out at 155, knowing if we dropped I could have gotten closer to 200, but my shoulders were getting crushed every time I had to lower the bar back down to my shoulders.

It's always good to have Kevin P. coaching when we do lifting days like this, because he's an award-winning olympic lifter and he's always very precise on form for exercises like these.

An OK day...a little frustrating, but a hell of a lot better than sleeping :).

No comments:

Post a Comment