Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fun with Ladders

BLACK BOX WOD
(current skill: the press)
5 ladders with a kettlebell, a dumbbell, or a barbell with your 10-rep max.

Press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (left & right if kettlebell or dumbbell) x 5. Set down to rest between each “rung”. (Rest the amount of time it took you to do the work.)
Focus on form.


Today was a main site rest day, so the Black Box came up with a cool skill WOD for the shoulder press.  I had never done ladders before, nor have I done shoulder presses in quite a while, so I was happy throwing 95 lbs. together and staying at that weight throughout.  I could have pushed it but when you take my legs out of the equation it's tough to add much weight to any situation comfortably.

Jacinto, our 72-year-old Crossfit super hero, came over and saved my ass by helping me to bring my grip in closer.  This allowed me to get multiple reps up a lot easier without crushing my shoulders.  MUCH better...thanks man!

A fellow CFer who took a month off came back today and remarked to Sara how much progress I was making.  I turned around after I was done with the second round, and it looked like Sara was laughing at me.  I asked her what she was laughing at and she said she was just so proud of me.  A coworker of mine came back to the office from a month off and said she was blown away at my progress, and my boss saw me in the kitchen the other day and said she didn't know if it's just that she had only seen me while sitting at my desk recently, but she said I looked incredible.  Seems like everything is working out very well.  I'll just keep plugging away...

No comments:

Post a Comment