Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sprints in the Park

Not Reis
On what I hope to be the final outdoor WOD of Winter 2010-2011, (it was 27 degrees out...ouch!), we jogged over to Madison Square Park to sprint for today's WOD:

Ten rounds, each for time of:
100 meter Sprint
Rest 90 seconds


I commented on the Crossfit NYC site that the only time I've sprinted in my life was when they were reloading the tuna sashimi at the all-you-can-eat place near my house on an aggressive Friday night.  So without a reference point, I'm not sure how the below times stack up.  But I do know that my results were perfect for remembering in the absence of a pen and paper to record my times.

:29 - :28 - :27 - :26 - :25 - :24 - :25 - :25 - :26 - :25

I felt my quads thumping towards the end of the day, so I knew some serious pain was on the horizon.  But it felt great, and it was definitely a true Metcon in every way.  VERY tough but felt great to put up fairly consistent times even in the latter half of the workout.

Crazy as it seems I look forward to sprinting WODs again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment