Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Week of the Snatch Continues

This is what I posted on the Black Box WOD comments:

Skill Day for the Snatch

Round 1: Horrible Snatches
35 – 35 – 35 – 65

Round 2: OK Snatches
65 – 65 – 65

Round 3: Good Snatches
85 – 85

I’m excited that I hit a PR in my horrible snatch. Other than that it was a fairly uneventful day.
(end quote)

Sara was a lot more excited about my form than I was.  It's tough to really get a command of this exercise.  I think I need to build more strength in my lats before I can really get explosive movement upward.  Before I consider higher weight I need to just focus on form when this one comes around.  I like how it keeps you thinking about all of the proper positions in the progression of olympic lifts (as outlined by coach Bergener), but other than that I just think I need a lot more experience before I'm feeling good about it.

Either way, a productive day, even if it didn't level me like a lot of the others do.

No comments:

Post a Comment