Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ridin' Out West...

Tomorrow I leave for my first snowboarding trip since 2005.  It's a pretty incredible thing.  My buddy Walt turns 40 this week, and he wanted to celebrate by reuniting in the mountains of Utah.  While I lived in Colorado (1998-2005) Walt came out to ride Copper with me a couple of times...back when I would ride about 10 times a season.  Now it's been six years since I touched powder, and it's hard to speculate on how I'll do out there.  But I'm certain that without the last couple of months at Crossfit I would be an absolute mess...

It'll be interesting to break the hardcore routine I've cultivated (hitting the Black Box at least three times a week since November). I'm happy to say my quads are finally coming around after Tuesday's thrashing.  I was worried there for a second that I'd have to be drinking at the lodge while I watch my buddies cut it up.  Looks like I'll be recovered and ready to go.

I checked into Crossfit Park City since I figured by Wednesday I should be acclimated and might be able to withstand a WOD.  I might hit up that box on Wednesday morning, but it's hard to gauge whether or not I'll be ready.  I'll play it by ear, but it would be awesome to squeeze in a WOD amidst all of the boarding.  I might also be quite spent after a full day Monday & Tuesday, so we'll see.  I'm definitely looking forward to dropping into as many boxes as I can when I travel.  I can imagine the pile of T-shirts I would have amassed in my 20s if Crossfit was around.  I was in a different state on average every month back then.  C'est la vie...

I may or may not report from Utah.  For now I'll treat this as a special WOD and maybe even keep track of my reps:

AMRAP Snowboarding - 72 hours


;-)

For now, be safe out there...Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment