Monday, January 3, 2011

Milestone

Every fat person remembers the day they had to put on a size 50 pair of pants.  It's like you're crossing over into some crazy land of acceptance...a place you don't want to be, but you couldn't fight your way out if you tried. It feels just as shitty as it sounds, but you keep your composure and keep going...after all, you're past the point of no return. Why even fight it? It's this milestone that has you convinced deep down that this is it.  This is you, and enjoy the days you have because there's a reason pant sizes don't go to 60, even in the big & tall stores...

Yesterday I went shopping for pants. I stared at the label for a minute after I knew these were the ones that fit...50/30. It wasn't a typo. There it was...the ever-dreaded milestone. Wow...

Thing is...my pant size back in October?

54

There are no shortcuts.  Crossfit is no joke, and some of the hardest work I've ever done.  But at this point I crave the WODs that are going to tear me down and build me back up stronger and healthier than I've ever been. Paleo was no picnic in the beginning, but now you could wave a huge plate of pasta with sauce in front of my face and I truly would have no desire.

This is our one life (perhaps until the next one, but that's another discussion). We DO control our destiny and getting out of the abyss IS possible. When every small step is a huge one, it takes everything you have to move your journey in the right direction. But here I am...just a couple months after starting the journey, and I can tell you first hand that this is truly amazing...

No comments:

Post a Comment