Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Return of the Snatch

WOD
Snatch 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

I've been watching a lot of videos featuring elite Crossfitters, power lifters, and lots of people who have a much greater handle on the Olympic lifts than I do.  The snatch is such an elusive lift.  There are so many things to be aware of when you're in the movement.  Oftentimes I forget one key thing and the end result is shit.  But every once in a while I put up a decent snatch, and, like today, I get encouraged that one day I might actually be capable of doing these.

Sara ran us through the Bergener Warmup, ran through the movement a couple of times, and we got setup and got ready to do our best.

WOD
65 – 85 – 85 – 85 – 95 – 95 – 100

So the last one definitely belongs in the Shit category, but leading up to that I felt like I was on to something.  Needless to say I was pulling a little less than the guys in the above video today. I didn’t feel as lost as I typically do with the snatch…I just don’t think it comes up often enough for me to gain much ground on this lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment