Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Vacation WOD #2 - Morristown


Back to Morristown I went for my first WOD since last Friday (4 days off inbetween).  There were easily 15-20 people this time, but everyone was able to find their own space to make the WOD work.

After some PVC stretches and talk about form, the warmup was:
(2 Rounds)
5 Air Squats
1 Bergener Warmup (45-lb bar)
10 Overhead Squats (" ")

We then did some minor pullup work to stretch out the shoulders, and then got set for the WOD.

WOD (as RX'ed):
(3 Rounds)
4-Minute AMRAP, 1 Minute Off
6 Clapping Pushups
8 Snatch Balances (95 lb.)
10 Lunges in Place (95 lb.)

I scaled the weight to 65 lbs. for my first two rounds.  Got through 3.5 rounds before I basically hit the wall.  I don't know if it was the extra day or two off vs. what I'm used to, or just my inability to really get the snatch balances happening with weight of any significance...but I felt like I was chasing it the whole time.  I was actually happy to crank out an extra half a round once I completed the third...

Either way, I showed up, which is saying something I guess, but it definitely wasn't me at my best...maybe next time...still very happy to keep it going during vacation.


Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment