Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dumbbell Madness

Every once in a while the folks at Crossfit HQ throw in a random, uncommon exercise that leaves you apprehensive about the next day's WOD.  Typically anything with dumbbells falls into this category for me.  But I've been learning to push through and rise to the challenge.  I was pretty happy with today's results.

WOD
For time:
Row 1K
40 pound Dumbbell snatch, 50 reps
Row 750m
40 pound Dumbbell snatch, 35 reps
Row 500m
40 pound Dumbbell snatch, 20 reps

These are one-arm squat snatches, alternating arms.

Sara asked me if I wanted to scale the reps and I joked that I didn't understand her question.  I knew I had this one...my rowing has been solid lately and I figured I would get the dumbbell snatches down enough along the way to get all of them NOT easily, but I'd definitely finish.

Row times: 4:00 - 3:15 - 2:06

I was pretty psyched to power through the rowing as fast as I did.  I'm feeling great about that exercise.

WOD Time: 22:55

I mean when have I put up a sub-30 minute WOD time?  Have I?  I don't know. Seeing a "2" in front of a WOD time for me was crazy...granted as usual I finished last.  These two new ladies were adorable...they clapped after every rep in my last round.  Not that I don't appreciate it, but it was hard to keep a straight face.  Then again, maybe I'll start doing that for people when I can finally be better than last.  I sense that this day is coming sooner than I originally planned.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment