Monday, February 14, 2011

Reis Recommends: Carlson Fish Oil

Folks:

I figured I would crack the seal on some topics that revolve around my diet.  Over time you can click on "Reis Recommends" on the right hand side of the blog in the tag cloud, or just search the term at the top.  That way you can pull up all of my recommendations of things that have worked for me in my journey towards optimal health and fitness.

Since I just got done with dinner and took my evening dose of fish oil, I figure there's no better place to start.  My recommendation for today is Carlson Fish Oil (liquid - Lemon flavor).  I've been taking this off and on for about a year, but have been trying to boost the frequency of my dosage so I take in 5-6 grams a day (two hefty tablespoons).  Tastes and feels great!

You can typically find the best post-shipping price at Amazon, but if you're in the NYC area there's a great place on 7th Ave at 21st St. called Health is Wealth where I get it for $17.50 a bottle (super cheap!).

There are tons of medical resources touting the health benefits of fish oil and omega-3 fatty acids in general, but assuming you have a working knowledge of this, I'll just stick to the above recommendation and leave the evangelism to the more knowledgeable.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment