Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The "Deads of Winter"

This is not Reis, in photo or form...
Today was a benchmark day for the deadlift.  Sara said she should be able to call us on any random day at 3 in the morning and ask us our deadlift max and we should know it automatically.  I'm just getting into the competitive aspects of Crossfit, as every workout is my benchmark (since it's always the first time for every exercise).  I remembered that my first deadlifts after elements were at 135, which was a super-safe weight at the time, but I've been super-cautious with weight since I have no desire to overdo any of this.

So I started with 135...we did two reps per round for ten rounds.  Here are my increments:

135-155-175-185-185-195-195-195-215

I absolutely could have pushed past 215, which is kind of the point of the WOD, but I'm happy settting a new benchmark, and I know by the time deadlifts surface again I'll have a better idea of where to start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment