Friday, December 17, 2010

Getting Bitch-Slapped by the Back Squat

Yuk...seems my shoulders had a different idea of what was going to happen today.  I need to really work on getting comfortable in the low-bar position...had no idea how painful it would be for my shoulders.

Today was another skill day, focused specifically on the back squat:

back squat 5-5-5-5-5

The weight wasn't an issue, but my form sucked just enough to hold me back on this one...

95 - 135 - 155 - 175 - 175

We warmed up with some great stretches, and Sara introduced me to the "death stretch" for my quads, which is pretty damn amazing..definitely going to incorporate that one into my morning routine...made me realize I rarely stretch my quads at all...not good for the amount I pound them on a daily basis (even without Crossfit in the equation).

I think it's best to throw some low-bar warmups into my morning routine before class.  I really need to get my shoulders into a comfortable spot so I can focus more on weight and form next time and less on how much my shoulders are holding me back.  It probably didn't help much that we had Shoulder Presses on Monday, then Shoulder Press, Push Press, and Push Jerk on Wednesday...

Either way a not-so-gentle reminder that I have a long way to go here...but I'm feeling great after four days at Crossfit this week.

Rawk!

No comments:

Post a Comment